Monday, November 22, 2010

A better blogger.....


She looks like a good blogger......

I would like to become a better blogger. You know, one that people want to read because it's enjoyable. How do I do that? Maybe I need to take a class. Or maybe I just need to become more dedicated to my blog. My posts are obviously boring because I don't even like reading them, so I need to step it up on that end as well. So, here is me trying to step it up.


Mexican Casserole


Matt follows this amazing blog called Meals and Moves. Janetha gives HEALTHY recipes and they really are good! We have made several. This one looked AMAZING and we are actually trying it tonight. I will blog tomorrow (see I'm trying here.....) and let you know how it goes.

<--- This picture is from Janetha's Meals and Moves website. I hope mine looks this good.
Ingredients

1 lb ground turkey, chicken or beef
1 green bell pepper, diced
1/2 red onion, diced
1 packet low sodium taco seasoning
2 cups cooked brown rice
1 (15 oz) can black beans
2-3 tomatoes, diced
1 (11 oz) can green enchilada sauce
1 cup 0% plain greek yogurt (can sub sour cream)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 (4.5 oz) can diced green chiles
avocado or guacamole for garnish
serve with whole wheat tortillas


Directions

In a skillet, sauté onion and bell pepper over medium-high heat.

When they soften, add your ground turkey.
Add the taco seasoning.
Once your meat is cooked, add rice, tomatoes and black beans. Mix well.
Pour in Enchilada Sauce
Add greek yogurt.
Add cheese.
At the very end add the chiles.
Pour it all into a 9×13 baking dish and cover with more cheese!
Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees until warmed through
Toast some tortillas
Serve with guacamole.
So, there it is. I think it's going to be delicious. YUM YUM YUM!!


Much love.

1 comment:

  1. I've enjoyed reading! Your tree is beautiful.. I vow to one day have a real tree! xx

    ReplyDelete